- CAMA network
- CAMA RBA Shadow Board
Behavioural Macroeconomics and Complexity program
• Henckel T, Menzies GD, Moffatt PG and Zizzo DJ (2021) ‘Belief adjustment: A double hurdle model and experimental evidence’, Experimental Economics, forthcoming (CAMA WP 1/ 2018).
• Lye JN, and McDonald IM (2021) ‘Can loss aversion shed light on the deflation puzzle?’, Review of Keynesian Economics, 9, 1, 11-42.
Commodities and the Macroeconomy program
• Bardhan R, Coelho ACV, Darby S, Debnath R, Isa A, Mohaddes K, Sunikka-Blank M (2021) ‘Words Against Injustices: A Deep Narrative Analysis of Energy Cultures in Poverty of Abuja, Mumbai and Rio de Janeiro’, Energy Research & Social Science 72, pp. 101892/1–17.
• Cross JL, Hou C, Nguyen BH (2021) ‘On the China factor in the world oil market: A regime switching approach’, Energy Economics, 2021, 105119, ISSN 0140-9883.
• Mattos LB and Souza RS (2021) ‘Oil price shocks, exchange rate and uncertainty: case of Latin American economies’, Applied Economics Letters, DOI: 10.1080/13504851.2021.1896670
COVID-19 and the Macroeconomy program
• Larson WD and Sinclair T (2021) ‘Nowcasting unemployment insurance claims in the time of COVID-19’, International Journal of Forecasting, forthcoming (CAMA W/P 63/2020).
Finance and the Macroeconomy program
• Bohl M, Putz A, Siklos P and Sulewski C (2021) ‘Information transmission under increasing political tension – Evidence for the Berlin produce exchange 1890-1896’, Journal of Futures Market 41 (February): 226-244.
• Bjørnland HC, Nordvik FM and Rohre M, ‘Supply flexibility in the shale patch: Evidence from North Dakota’, Journal of Applied Econometrics, forthcoming (CAMA WP 56/2019).
• Böck M, Feldkircher M and Siklos P (2021) ‘International effects of Euro area forward guidance’, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, forthcoming.
• Candelon B, Joets M and Ferrara L (2021) ‘Global financial connectedness: A non-linear assessment of the uncertainty channel’, Applied Economics, forthcoming.
• Cocoorese P and Shaffer S (2021) ‘Cooperative banks and local economic growth’, Regional Studies, Vol. 55 (2), 2021, pages 307-321 (CAMA WP 11 /2018).
• Du Plessis S Reid M and Siklos P (2021) ‘What drives household inflation expectations in South Africa? Demographics and anchoring under inflation targeting’, Economic Systems 45 (June).
• Fry-McKibbin R, Hsiao Y-LC and Martin VL (2021), ‘Measuring financial interdependence in asset markets with an application to Euro zone equities’, Journal of Banking and Finance, 122, 105985.
• Hajargasht G, Nguyen J, Valadkhani A (2021) ‘The choice between renewables and non-renewables: Evidence from electricity generation in 29 countries’, Energy Journal, 42(6).
• Ijtsma P, Shaffer S and Spierdijk L (2021), ‘US banking deregulation and local economic growth: A spatial analysis’, Spatial Statistics 43 (2021) 100506 (CAMA WP 33/2021).
• Kang W, Ratti R and Vespignani J (2021) ‘Financial and nonfinancial global stock market volatility shocks’, Economic Modelling, Volume 96, March 2021, Pages 128-134.
• Kang W, Perez de Gracia F, Ratti RA (2021) ‘Economic uncertainty, oil prices and US stock returns of the airline industry’, North American Journal of Economics and Finance 57, forthcoming.
• Laurent S and Shi S (2021) ‘Unit root test with high-frequency data, Econometric Theory.
• Morita H and Okimoto T (2021) ‘The interest rate determination when economic variables are partially observable’, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institution, and Money, forthcoming.
• Nguyen A, Nguyen J, Valadkhani A, Wake A (2021) ‘Press freedom and the global economy: The cost of slipping backwards’, Journalism Studies. doi.org/10.1080/1461670X.2021.1873822.
• Siklos P (2021) ‘Real and financial factors, commodity prices, and monetary policy: International evidence’, Economic Systems 45 (March): 100850.
Globalisation and Trade program
• Akhtaruzzaman M, Berg N, Lien D & Wu Y (2021) ‘News coverage of Confucius Institutes in the pre-Trump era’, Economic and Political Studies, DOI: 10.1080/20954816.2020.1870025
Growth, Demographics and Productivity program
• Bishnu M, Garg S, Garg T and Ray T (2021) ‘Optimal Intergenerational transfers: Public education and pensions’, Journal of Public Economics, forthcoming.
• Leigh A (2021) ‘Putting the Australian economy on the scales’, The Australian Economic Review, doi 10.1111/1467-8462.12408.
Macroeconomic Policy Frameworks program
• Coibion O, Gorodnichenko Y, Kumar S and Ryngaert J (2021) ‘Do you know that I know…? Higher order beliefs in survey data’, Quarterly Journal of Economics, forthcoming.
• Davis S, Fujiwara I, Huang K and Wang J (2021) ‘Foreign exchange as a tool for capital account management’, Journal of Monetary Economics, 117, 473-488.
• Makin AJ and Layton A (2021) ‘The global fiscal response to COVID-19: Risks and repercussions’, Economic Analysis and Policy 69, 340-349.
Macroeconomic Theory program
• Bishnu M and Kumru CS (2021) ’ A note on the annuity role of estate tax’, Macroeconomic Dynamics, forthcoming.
• Groshenny N, Haque Q and Weder M (2021) ‘Do we really know that U.S. monetary policy was destabilizing in the 1970s?’ European Economic Review, Volume 131, January 2021, 103615.
• Guillén J, Maldonado WL and Ribeiro J (2021) ‘An international reserves variation threshold to increase loan funding’, International Economics and Economic Policy, forthcoming.
• Haque Q and Magnusson LM (2021) ‘Uncertainty shocks and inflation dynamics in the US’, Economic Letters, doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2021.109825.
• Haque Q, Magnusson LM and Tomioka K (2021) ‘Empirical evidence on the dynamics of investment under uncertainty in the US, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, doi.org/10.1111/obes.12420.
• Jiang D and Weder M (2021) ‘American business cycles 1889-1913: An accounting approach’, Journal of Macroeconomics 67, 103285.
Model Uncertainty and Macro-Econometrics program
• Baumeister C and Guerin P (2021) ‘A comparison of monthly global indicators for forecasting growth’, International Journal of Forecasting, forthcoming (CAMA WP 93/2020).
Open Economy Macroeconomics program
• Kameda T, Nambda R, and Tsuruga T (2021) ‘Decomposing local fiscal multipliers: Evidence from Japan’, Japan and the World Economy, forthcoming.
• Kano T (2021) ‘Exchange rates and fundamentals: a general equilibrium exploration’, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 53, 95-117. doi.org/10.1111/jmcb.12698 (CAMA WP 62/2013).
Multi-Country Models and Methods program
• McKibbin WJ and Triggs AJ (2021) ‘Global implications of a US-led currency war, The World Economy. doi 10.1111/twec.13112
Book and book chapter
Finance and the Macroeconomy program
• Kavuri AS and Milne A (2021), ‘How technology is supporting working capital finance’, in Palgrave MacMillan Handbook of Technological Finance edited by Raghavendra (Raghu) Rau, Robert Wardrop, Luigi Zingales. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
• Chen D, Kavuri AS and Milne A (2021), ‘Growing pains: the changing regulation of alternative lending platforms’, in Palgrave MacMillan Handbook of Technological Finance edited by Raghavendra (Raghu) Rau, Robert Wardrop, Luigi Zingales. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
• Kavuri AS and Milne A (2021), ‘Trading and Regulation of Cryptocurrencies, Stablecoins and other Cryptoassets’, in The Routledge Handbook of Fintech edited by K. Thomas Liaw. Routledge, UK.