- CAMA network
- CAMA RBA Shadow Board
Behavioural Macroeconomics and Complexity program
• Henckel T, Menzies GD, Moffatt PG and Zizzo DJ (2021) ‘Belief adjustment: A double hurdle model and experimental evidence’, Experimental Economics, forthcoming (CAMA WP 1/ 2018).
• Lye JN, and McDonald IM (2021) ‘Can loss aversion shed light on the deflation puzzle?’, Review of Keynesian Economics, 9, 1, 11-42.
Commodities and the Macroeconomy program
• Aastveit KA, Bjørnland HC and Cross J (2021) ‘Inflation expectations and the pass-through of oil prices’, Review of Economics and Statistics, forthcoming (CAMA WP 64/2020).
• Bardhan R, Coelho ACV, Darby S, Debnath R, Isa A, Mohaddes K, Sunikka-Blank M (2021) ‘Words Against Injustices: A Deep Narrative Analysis of Energy Cultures in Poverty of Abuja, Mumbai and Rio de Janeiro’, Energy Research & Social Science 72, pp. 101892/1–17.
• Cross JL, Hou C, Nguyen BH (2021) ‘On the China factor in the world oil market: A regime switching approach’, Energy Economics, 2021, 105119, ISSN 0140-9883.
• Nguyen BH, Okimoto T, Tran TD (2021) ‘Uncertainty-dependent and sign-dependent effects of oil market shocks’, Journal of Commodity Markets, 100207, ISSN 2405-8513, doi.org/10.1016/j.jcomm.2021.100207.
• Mattos LB and Souza RS (2021) ‘Oil price shocks, exchange rate and uncertainty: case of Latin American economies’, Applied Economics Letters, DOI: 10.1080/13504851.2021.1896670
COVID-19 and the Macroeconomy program
• Kollmann R (2021) ‘Effects of Covid-19 on Euro Area GDP and Inflation: Demand vs. Supply Disturbances’, International Economics and Economic Policy, forthcoming.
• Larson WD and Sinclair T (2021) ‘Nowcasting unemployment insurance claims in the time of COVID-19’, International Journal of Forecasting, forthcoming (CAMA W/P 63/2020).
Finance and the Macroeconomy program
• Bhiromsawat P, Chatjuthamard P, Srivannaboon S and Treepongkaruna S (2021), ‘Jumps and Cojumps Analyses of Major and Minor Cryptocurrencies’, Plos One, forthcoming.
• Bjørnland HC, Nordvik FM and Rohre M, ‘Supply flexibility in the shale patch: Evidence from North Dakota’, Journal of Applied Econometrics, forthcoming (CAMA WP 56/2019).
• Bohl M, Putz A, Siklos P and Sulewski C (2021) ‘Information transmission under increasing political tension – Evidence for the Berlin produce exchange 1890-1896’, Journal of Futures Market 41 (February): 226-244.
• Böck M, Feldkircher M and Siklos P (2021) ‘International effects of Euro area forward guidance’, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, forthcoming.
• Candelon B, Joets M and Ferrara L (2021) ‘Global financial connectedness: A non-linear assessment of the uncertainty channel’, Applied Economics, forthcoming.
• Chatjuthamard P, Jiraporn N, Jiraporn P, Treepongkaruna S (2021) ‘Does firm-level political risk influence corporate social responsibility (CSR)? Evidence from earnings conference calls’, The Financial Review, forthcoming.
• Clare A, Seaton P, Smith P and Thomas S (2021) ‘Perfect withdrawal in a noisy world: Investing lessons with and without annuities while in drawdown between 2000 and 2019’, Journal of Retirement, forthcoming.
• Cocoorese P and Shaffer S (2021) ‘Cooperative banks and local economic growth’, Regional Studies, Vol. 55 (2), 2021, pages 307-321 (CAMA WP 11 /2018).
• Cocoorese P, Girardone C and Shaffer S (2021) ‘What affects bank market power in the euro area? A country-level structural model approach’, Journal of International Money and Finance, Volume 117, 2021, 102443, ISSN 0261-5606, doi.org/10.1016/j.jimonfin.2021.102443 (CAMA WP 15 /2021).
• Du Plessis S Reid M and Siklos P (2021) ‘What drives household inflation expectations in South Africa? Demographics and anchoring under inflation targeting’, Economic Systems 45 (June).
• Fry-McKibbin R, Hsiao Y-LC and Martin VL (2021), ‘Measuring financial interdependence in asset markets with an application to Euro zone equities’, Journal of Banking and Finance, 122, 105985.
• Hajargasht G, Nguyen J, Valadkhani A (2021) ‘The choice between renewables and non-renewables: Evidence from electricity generation in 29 countries’, Energy Journal, 42(6).
• Ho G, Padungsaksawasdi C, Treepongkaruna S, and Wee M (2021), ‘The effect of short selling on volatility and jumps’, Australian Journal of Management, forthcoming.
• Ijtsma P, Shaffer S and Spierdijk L (2021), ‘US banking deregulation and local economic growth: A spatial analysis’, Spatial Statistics 43 (2021) 100506 (CAMA WP 33/2021).
• Inoue T and Okimoto T (2021) ‘How does unconventional monetary policy affect the global financial markets?’. Empirical Economics. doi.org/10.1007/s00181-021-02067-7.
• Kang W, Ratti R and Vespignani J (2021) ‘Financial and nonfinancial global stock market volatility shocks’, Economic Modelling, Volume 96, March 2021, Pages 128-134.
• Kang W, Perez de Gracia F, Ratti RA (2021) ‘Economic uncertainty, oil prices and US stock returns of the airline industry’, North American Journal of Economics and Finance 57, forthcoming.
• Khine K, Treepongkaruna S and Jiraporn P (2021) ‘Stakeholder engagement and firms’ innovation: Evidence from LGBT-supportive policies’, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, forthcoming.
• Korphaibool V, Chatjuthamard P and Treepongkaruna S (2021) ‘Scoring sufficiency economy philosophy through GRI standards and firm risk: A case study of Thai listed companies’, Sustainability 13, 2321.
• Laurent S and Shi S (2021) ‘Unit root test with high-frequency data, Econometric Theory.
• Laureys L, Meeks R, Wanengkirtyo B (2021) ‘Optimal simple objectives for monetary policy when banks matter’, European Economic Review, Volume 135, June 2021, 103719.
• Morita H and Okimoto T (2021) ‘The interest rate determination when economic variables are partially observable’, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institution, and Money, forthcoming.
• Nguyen A, Nguyen J, Valadkhani A, Wake A (2021) ‘Press freedom and the global economy: The cost of slipping backwards’, Journalism Studies. doi.org/10.1080/1461670X.2021.1873822.
• Padungsaksawadi C and Treepongkaruna S (2021) ‘Chasing for information during the COVID-19 Panic: The role of Google Search on global stock market’, Cogent Economics and Finance, forthcoming.
• Phillips PCB and Shi S (2021) ‘Diagnosing housing fever with an econometric thermometer’, Journal of Economic Surveys, forthcoming.
• Siklos P (2021) ‘Real and financial factors, commodity prices, and monetary policy: International evidence’, Economic Systems 45 (March): 100850.
Globalisation and Trade program
• Akhtaruzzaman M, Berg N, Lien D & Wu Y (2021) ‘News coverage of Confucius Institutes in the pre-Trump era’, Economic and Political Studies, DOI: 10.1080/20954816.2020.1870025
Growth, Demographics and Productivity program
• Bishnu M, Garg S, Garg T and Ray T (2021) ‘Optimal Intergenerational transfers: Public education and pensions’, Journal of Public Economics, forthcoming.
• Leigh A (2021) ‘Putting the Australian economy on the scales’, The Australian Economic Review, doi 10.1111/1467-8462.12408.
• Leigh A and Triggs A (2021) ‘Common ownership of competing firms: Evidence from Australia’, Economic Record, forthcoming.
• Lu Y, Zhou Y (2021) ‘A review on the economics of artificial intelligence’, Journal of Economic Surveys 2021 1– 28 (CAMA WP 54/2019).
• Muroishi M and Yakita A (2021) ‘Agglomeration economies, congestion diseconomies, and fertility dynamics in a two‑region economy’. Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences 14, 51-63.
Macroeconomic Policy Frameworks program
• Bellofatto AA and Besfamille M (2021) ‘Tax decentralization notwithstanding regional disparities’, Journal of Urban Economics, Volume 123, 2021, 103346, ISSN 0094-1190, doi.org/10.1016/j.jue.2021.103346.
• Coibion O, Gorodnichenko Y, Kumar S and Ryngaert J (2021) ‘Do you know that I know…? Higher order beliefs in survey data’, Quarterly Journal of Economics, forthcoming.
• Davis S, Fujiwara I, Huang K and Wang J (2021) ‘Foreign exchange as a tool for capital account management’, Journal of Monetary Economics, 117, 473-488.
• Gortz C, Tsoukalas J, and Zanetti F (2021), ‘News shocks under financial frictions’, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, forthcoming (CAMA WP 94/2020).
• Libich J and Lenten LJ (2021), ‘Hero or Villain? The Financial System in the 21st Century’, forthcoming at the Journal of Economic Surveys.
• Libich J and Lenten (2021), ‘Bitcoin, Tesla and GameStop Bubbles as a Flight to Focal Points’, World Economics, 22(1), pp83-107.
• Makin AJ and Layton A (2021) ‘The global fiscal response to COVID-19: Risks and repercussions’, Economic Analysis and Policy 69, 340-349.
• Makin AJ and Verikios G (2021) ‘Macroeconomic gains from liberalising foreign investment in APEC’, Journal of the Asia-Pacific Economy. doi.org/10.1080/13547860.2021.1902599
Macroeconomic Theory program
• Bishnu M and Kumru CS (2021) ’ A note on the annuity role of estate tax’, Macroeconomic Dynamics, forthcoming.
• Groshenny N, Haque Q and Weder M (2021) ‘Do we really know that U.S. monetary policy was destabilizing in the 1970s?’ European Economic Review, Volume 131, January 2021, 103615.
• Guillén J, Maldonado WL and Ribeiro J (2021) ‘An international reserves variation threshold to increase loan funding’, International Economics and Economic Policy, forthcoming.
• Haque Q and Magnusson LM (2021) ‘Uncertainty shocks and inflation dynamics in the US’, Economic Letters, doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2021.109825.
• Haque Q, Magnusson LM and Tomioka K (2021) ‘Empirical evidence on the dynamics of investment under uncertainty in the US, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, doi.org/10.1111/obes.12420.
• Jiang D and Weder M (2021) ‘American business cycles 1889-1913: An accounting approach’, Journal of Macroeconomics 67, 103285.
Model Uncertainty and Macro-Econometrics program
• Baumeister C and Guerin P (2021) ‘A comparison of monthly global indicators for forecasting growth’, International Journal of Forecasting, forthcoming (CAMA WP 93/2020).
• Chatterjee A, Morley J and Singh A (2021). ‘Estimating household consumption insurance’. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 1– 8. doi.org/10.1002/jae.2820
Open Economy Macroeconomics program
• Kameda T, Nambda R, and Tsuruga T (2021) ‘Decomposing local fiscal multipliers: Evidence from Japan’, Japan and the World Economy, forthcoming.
• Kano T (2021) ‘Exchange rates and fundamentals: a general equilibrium exploration’, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 53, 95-117. doi.org/10.1111/jmcb.12698 (CAMA WP 62/2013).
• Kollmann R, Lubik T and Roeger W (2021) ‘Secular stagnation, low interest rates and low inflation: Causes and implications for policy’, Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, forthcoming.
• Kollmann R (2021) ‘Liquidity traps in a world economy’, Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, forthcoming (CAMA WP 05/2021).
• Kollmann R (2021) ‘Liquidity traps in a monetary union’, Oxford Economic Papers, forthcoming (CAMA WP 75/2020).
Multi-Country Models and Methods program
• McKibbin WJ and Triggs AJ (2021) ‘Global implications of a US-led currency war, The World Economy. doi 10.1111/twec.13112
Book and book chapter
Finance and the Macroeconomy program
• Kavuri AS and Milne A (2021), ‘How technology is supporting working capital finance’, in Palgrave MacMillan Handbook of Technological Finance edited by Raghavendra (Raghu) Rau, Robert Wardrop, Luigi Zingales. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
• Chen D, Kavuri AS and Milne A (2021), ‘Growing pains: the changing regulation of alternative lending platforms’, in Palgrave MacMillan Handbook of Technological Finance edited by Raghavendra (Raghu) Rau, Robert Wardrop, Luigi Zingales. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
• Kavuri AS and Milne A (2021), ‘Trading and Regulation of Cryptocurrencies, Stablecoins and other Cryptoassets’, in The Routledge Handbook of Fintech edited by K. Thomas Liaw. Routledge, UK.