- Best R, Burke PJ, November 2018, Fuel prices and road accident outcomes in New Zealand paper no. 57/2018.
- Lang PA, Gregory KB, October 2018, Economic impact of energy consumption change caused by global warming paper no. 55/2018.
- Shanker A, Stern D, September 2018, Energy intensity, growth and technical change paper no. 46/2018.
Rapid global economic growth, particularly in China and India, has important implications for global energy use as well as causing a rapid rise in greenhouse gas emissions with implication for climate change. This program focuses on the importance of energy use and climate change as well as the associated policy responses on the macro-economy.
This program focuses on:
- Methodologies for projecting long term energy use and carbon dioxide emissions;
- The relationship between macroeconomic performance and energy use;
- The role of relative prices in energy demand and macroeconomic outcomes;
- The macroeconomic consequences of alternative energy polices;
- The macroeconomic consequences of alternative climate change strategies; and
- The design and impact of alternative emission permit trading systems.
The Climate Change and Energy program of CAMA is included in the Think Tank Map