- Feldkircher M, Teliha V, January 2024, Speeches in the Green: The Political Discourse of Green Central Banking paper no. 03/2024.
- Fernando R, November 2023, Impact of Physical Climate Risks on Antimicrobial Resistance paper no. 61/2023.
- Bjørnland HC, Cross JL, Kapfhammer F, October 2023, The Drivers of Emission Reductions in the European Carbon Market paper no. 53/2023.
Rapid global economic growth, particularly in China and India, has important implications for global energy use as well as causing a rapid rise in greenhouse gas emissions with consequences for climate change. This program focuses on the importance of energy use and climate change and the associated policy responses on the macro-economy.
This program focuses on:
- Methodologies for projecting long-term energy use and carbon dioxide emissions;
- The relationship between macroeconomic performance and energy use;
- The role of relative prices in energy demand and macroeconomic outcomes;
- The macroeconomic consequences of alternative energy policies;
- The macroeconomic implications of alternative climate change strategies; and
- The design and impact of alternative emission permit trading systems.
The Climate Change and Energy program of CAMA is included in the Think Tank Map