- Janda K, May 2018, Slovak electricity market and the merit order effect of photovoltaics paper no. 22/2018.
- Bruns SB, Konig J, Stern DI, April 2018, Replication and robustness analysis of 'energy and economic growth in the USA: a multivariate approach' paper no. 18/2018.
- Burke PJ, Teame A, March 2018, Fuel prices and road deaths in Australia paper no. 12/2018.
Rapid global economic growth, particularly in China and India, has important implications for global energy use as well as causing a rapid rise in greenhouse gas emissions with implication for climate change. This program focuses on the importance of energy use and climate change as well as the associated policy responses on the macro-economy.
This program focuses on:
- Methodologies for projecting long term energy use and carbon dioxide emissions;
- The relationship between macroeconomic performance and energy use;
- The role of relative prices in energy demand and macroeconomic outcomes;
- The macroeconomic consequences of alternative energy polices;
- The macroeconomic consequences of alternative climate change strategies; and
- The design and impact of alternative emission permit trading systems.
The Climate Change and Energy program of CAMA is included in the Think Tank Map