- Clare A, Seaton J, Smith PN, Thomas S, April 2019, Absolute momentum, sustainable withdrawal rates and glidepath investing in US retirement portfolios from 1925 paper no. 31/2019.
- Kose MA, Matsuoka H, Panizza Ugo, Vorisek D, March 2019, Inflation expectations: Review and evidence paper no. 29/2019.
- Huidrom R, Kose MA, Lim JL, Ohnsorge FL, March 2019, Why do fiscal multipliers depend on fiscal positions? paper no. 28/2019.
Financial market developments impact directly and indirectly on real economy outcomes, particularly in the short term, and developments in the macroeconomy affect financial markets, systems and institutions. This program brings together work on financial interactions with an assessment of the impact of markets and institutions on the economy and implications for policy. It includes assessment of broader trends in the macroeconomy and finance. Areas of investigation include:
- The role of international financial markets in transmitting shocks between economies, including during periods of financial stress.
- Regional and global financial cooperation and architecture, with a particular focus on East Asia.
- Financial markets, institutions and systems, including the integration of financial markets, electronic finance, harmonisation of financial systems and the nexus between finance and economic growth and development.
- Policy dialogue and the interaction between policy decisions, such as fiscal and monetary policy and structural policies, and financial development, including a focus on East Asia.