- Huidrom R, Kose MA, Ohnsorge F, May 2017, How important are spillovers from major emerging markets? paper no. 37/2017.
- Kang W, Ratti RA, Vespignani JL, May 2017, Global commodity prices and global stock volatility shocks: Effects across countries paper no. 36/2017.
- Hwa TB, Raghavan M, Huey TT, May 2017, Macro-financial effects of portfolio flows: Malaysia’s experience paper no. 35/2017.
Financial market developments impact directly and indirectly on real economy outcomes, particularly in the short term, and developments in the macroeconomy affect financial markets, systems and institutions. This program brings together work on financial interactions with an assessment of the impact of markets and institutions on the economy and implications for policy. It includes assessment of broader trends in the macroeconomy and finance. Areas of investigation include:
- The role of international financial markets in transmitting shocks between economies, including during periods of financial stress.
- Regional and global financial cooperation and architecture, with a particular focus on East Asia.
- Financial markets, institutions and systems, including the integration of financial markets, electronic finance, harmonisation of financial systems and the nexus between finance and economic growth and development.
- Policy dialogue and the interaction between policy decisions, such as fiscal and monetary policy and structural policies, and financial development, including a focus on East Asia.